Our Rating: 88
Discover it Cashback Review:
This credit card comes with a high cash-back reward system in rotating quarterly categories — however, a major drawback of this card is that those rewards don't get applied automatically, activation is required and spending caps apply.
Featuring a $0 annual fee, for those who don't mind putting in a little extra work to a little work to activate rewards, this credit card is well worth it.
- Sign up bonus - Unlimited Cashback Match - You will be automatically matched with all cashback bonuses earned at the end of your first year. No minimum spending or maximum rewards.
- No foreign transaction fees
- 3% introductory balance transfer fee, then up to 5% on future balance transfer fees
- Free FICO score reports
- Free access to discovers free social security monitoring service.
- 5% back in rotating quarterly categories (on up to $1,500 in purchases each quarter)
- 1% cashback on all purchases
|Discover bonus rewards categories for 2020|
|Q1 (Jan. 1 – March 31)||• Grocery stores|
|Q2 (April 1 – June 30)||• Gas stations|
• Uber and Lyft
• Wholesale clubs
• June: Home Depot
|Q3 (July 1 – Sept. 30)||• Restaurants|
|Q4 (Oct. 1 – Dec. 31)||• Amazon.com|
- Discover Unlimited Cashback Match
- 0$ annual fee
- Bonus cash back categories
- 14 month 0% APR period on purchases and balance transfers
- Rotating cashback bonuses that need to be activated and monitored in order to receive the bonuses.
- Less acceptance on use outside of the United States.